Job Title: Community Outreach Specialist
Job Classification: This is a full-time position, non-exempt position.
Location: Orlando, Florida
Reports To: VP of Business Development
Position Summary: This position provides comprehensive individual counseling to prospective and existing clients in addition to facilitation of educational workshops in the Central Florida Market. Qualified applicant will also be responsible for enhancing existing relationships with business partners to further the Company’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS / BA) degree and /or work experience with community-based programs.
• Strong computer, verbal and written communication, and customer relations skills.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to develop clear and effective outreach materials
• Counsel and interview clients with respect to their overall financial situation as it relates to home ownership, develop a budget and a detailed action plan for all clients
• Ensure program activities, files, data and reporting processes meet or exceed HUD housing counseling and National Industry Standards
• Assist in the preparation of periodic statistical reports and other administrative duties as required
• Teach and facilitate monthly homeownership workshop classes
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in providing homebuyer education services
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed
• Must have reliable transportation. Position requires state-wide travel throughout Florida, and occasionally to other parts of the Southeast region,
• Must be bilingual in spoken and written Spanish and English
• Must acquire and maintain National Foundation for Credit Counseling Certification (NFCC) within 14 days of employment; NFCC Housing Counseling Certificate within 90 days of employment; HUD Housing Counselor Certification within 6 months of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Identify and initiate outreach to local government, financial, business, and community organizations in an effort to:
- Generate referral relationships
- Increase fee-for-service and grant opportunities
- Identify community education/workshop opportunities
• Develop and conduct presentations about Guidewell Financial Solutions and its services to community and industry partners, including financial institutions, credit unions, local banks, large employers in Florida
• Attend and Staff community outreach events
• Assist with preparing and submitting grants, partnership proposals, and other written correspondence as needed
• Solidify partnerships, conducting follow-up where necessary
• Perform community-based projects and assignments as needed
• Lead educational workshops and seminars on basic personal finance topics such as Homeownership, Budgeting/Money Management, Understanding Credit Reports and Scores, Small Business Education and Identity Theft
• Assist in the development of outreach presentations, marketing materials, and other promotional material
• Provide outreach to mortgage industry partners regarding our partnership with the National Mortgage Collaborative (NMC) and lead all processing efforts with new and existing NMC clients.
• Provide status updates about objectives, content and the effectiveness of workshops, presentations and outreach events.
• Collaborate with the management team to development, implement, and measure the effectiveness of written and on-line educational materials, including the editorial and review process for the communities we serve on a national level.
To perform in the position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Credit Industry Knowledge - Must possess solid knowledge of consumer credit.
• Interpersonal Skills - Ability to explain and listen in order to cultivate long term relationships with local communities, businesses and partners
• Communication – Ability to interpret information and respond clearly to questions and concerns. Must present information that is clear to all parties.
• Problem Solving – Ability to make effective decisions related to the book of business for educational programs.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
This position attends community outreach and educational events; sets up displays to deliver brochures and flyers to attendee’s therefore candidates must be able to lift up to 15-20 lbs and be able to stand 2-3 hours to deliver presentations. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment for this position is a standard office environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Guidewell Financial Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing diversity among its staff.