Florida Statewide Asset-Building Coalition Sustainability Convening
Taking All Floridians In To “Account”:
Creating and Sustaining Banking Relationships
In Every Florida Community
According to the FDIC's 2015 Un- and Underbanked Household Survey, nearly 25% of Florida’s households are un- and underbanked! Access to safe, affordable transaction accounts is vital to ensuring individuals successfully filter into the banking mainstream.
Come engage in a “safe space” to share open and candid dialogue about the current and future state of, and how to best sustain Asset-Building Coalitions/Bank Ons in Florida!
Provide and gather insight on how we can collectively elevate Account Access for all Floridians!
Be an active part of creating and strengthening the support system to sustain vibrant, productive banking relationships in your, and every Florida community!
Join the FDIC and Florida Prosperity Partnership as efforts continue to strengthen the local/regional commitment through:
- Exploring national/local campaigns promoting safe and affordable account access
- Discussing meaningful approaches to starting and sustaining Prosperity Campaigns
- Identifying best practices from newly formed and active Florida Prosperity coalitions
- Promoting appropriate bank products designed to foster economic inclusion
- Highlighting programs and resources supporting Florida Prosperity/Bank On coalitions
Looking forward to your participation and a robust dialogue with bank representatives, financial capability practitioners, community/business leaders, and other stakeholders.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Registration Opens
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Interactive Program
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
411 Mercy Drive
Orlando, FL 32805
This statewide event will convene . . .
- All Financial Stability, Prosperity Campaign and Bank On coalition leaders and partners
- All financial institution leaders and CRA leaders/influencers serving in Florida
- All Financial Capability practitioners and community leaders seeking to start, sustain or strengthen their local/regional coalition to better serve all members of their communities
- Business and community leaders who desire to walk alongside a Financial Stability/Bank On coalition
- Partners from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) will also be present to share insights
Discussion and knowledge-sharing topics on the agenda include . . .
- Opportunities and Inhibitors to starting and sustaining Prosperity Campaigns
- Model Practices from newly formed and active Florida Prosperity Coalitions
- A Panel Discussion of programs and resources to support Florida Prosperity/Bank On Coalitions
- Sample Bank Products designed to foster Prosperity in Florida communities
- Exploring what it takes to Sustain Prosperity Campaigns/Bank On coalitions across all of Florida
- Determine next steps for community, financial institution and coalition leaders to start, sustain and
strengthen Prosperity Campaigns throughout Florida
Registration available by visiting www.FloridaProsperityPartnership.org/Upcoming-Events
Please contact FPP@FloridaProsperityPartnership.org with any questions regarding this event!